Thursday, September 6, 2007

Nubble Lighthouse ~ Cape Neddick, Maine





It was ANOTHER gorgeous day for us to visit a lighthouse in Maine. Last year we got up early to see the Portland Lighthouse but we weren't so energetic this year! But we were early enough to have great lighting on our subject. I could have stayed there all day but we had to get going because the drive up I-95 was going to be LONG. We were disappointed because you could not walk up to the Nubble Light, it is on its own special island. But, still some very pretty views here and it was worth the pitstop.


This light house shows a red beam...


I even captured an artist's photo while he was sketching the island. Everyone was drawn to him as he was working.


While viewing the lighthouse I couldn't help but look at the houses on the Cape behind me. Wouldn't this one be a great place to live in the summer??? Dream on...



1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the lighthouse pics. What beautiful country! I love the vintage finds, especially the jewelry! I love your blog! It looks great!
Love ya, Sista