Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Journey Begins


Today my Stepson left for his first deployment in the army. I'm not even sure if I am using the right terminology. Either way, it is a huge step in a long journey for him. He signed up for six years of duty plus two non active years. He was nervous. Probably mostly about the unknown. Aren't we all that way when we have no idea what is ahead? He is flying overseas to a country he's never been to before and this will only be his second time flying.

With a new President (in my opinion) he may have a lot to be nervous about. Or not. Only time will tell.

It must be difficult becoming a new soldier. You've got to appear tough yet all these emotions are running high. But he made the choice and he's going! That takes a lot of courage in my book. Especially in these trying times. It's a little unsettling.

But if you could today....could you say a prayer for him? A prayer asking for him to stay strong, peaceful and confident about his next phase in life? And also, most importantly, for his safety. Dear Hubs and I thank you!

12 comments:

Connie said...

Jillian, my hubs and I pray all the time for our soldiers, chickee!! You give that "HERO/MAN" a big kiss from a military wife, mom and aunt of USMC guys. Hooooaaah, my friend. I hope the "future" goes well for him. I'm praying for my country, honey.....
Smooches for the soldier and bebe,
Connie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Big step..prayers being said...
a brave young man!

Liz Harrell said...

I will say a prayer for him right now!

And no way! You didnt offend me at all... you always make me laugh. I've just been falling down on the commenting here lately, it's been a lot to keep up with!

Unknown said...

What a brave man! Tell him thank you!!! Who knows what lies ahead

Becky said...

I am sending my prayers. My hubby is deployed too so I know how you feel. Tell him I said thank you for serving our country.
Hugs and Love

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I've said a prayer for your son. May he return home to you safely! Also, give him my thanks & gratitude please!

Ms.Daisy said...

Great post - lovely comments! I will keep your stepson/son in my prayers...he is very brave.



Love,
Mau

Anonymous said...

oh that's something, I think I couldn't do that or even go to the military (even in Germany, where I think it is less harder..)
We think of him and hope the future goes well
Special greetings from Germany, now from the University of Düsseldorf ;)

Michelle said...

Jillian,
I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.. my bonus daughter and her Air Force hubby are in Germany so I know how you feel. Hopefully, he will be stationed somewhere wonderful and you can go for a visit!

Have a wonderful weekend and give that sweet baby a hug!

Michelle

Jill said...

Oh, I will say a prayer! I can only imagine the unknown. I wish him all the best. I hope he thrives and loves it.

MJ said...

Praying right now.

FourSistersInACottage said...

Jillian,
I had no idea about your step son being in the service. Please know he will be in my thoughts and prayers everynight as are all of our American Soldiers. God Bless them all. And AMEN to you sister for your post about Obama. What is the deal....Some days I think we need to shoot our tv's. The media is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!
Hugs and Love, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters) and feel free to take my Soldiers Mom logo from my blog