Friday, November 30, 2007

Very Thankful

What a nice Thanksgiving we had. I am very thankful for so many things. Family, friends, health, and home. We tend to forget the important things in life and this was one of them. I didn't really mind all of the work that goes into having the dinner at our place. I guess I'm at the age where I think it is FUN! Even the dishes and all of the prep. Well, ok, after awhile the dishes weren't so much fun but overall...I would turn around and do it again! Every other day during the year we can use the everyday dishes, the throw away napkins or paper plates...but ONE day out of the year we can treat ourselves to something SPECIAL.

I was also thrilled to try out my "new" china. This lovely place setting of pseudo vintage (Made in Japan) china was a whopping $12.50 at a recent auction. TWELVE DOLLARS and FIFTY CENTS! And my DH bid on the lovely LENOX water goblets and wine glasses and "won" them at another bank breaking 50 cents. I may never shop at another store again! This brings up another thought which I will leave for another blog...

















But anyway, to the right is a photo of the Thanksgiving table...waiting for the feast to begin. And what a feast it was! My DH and I had a nice sized turkey, stuffing, potatoes...a special sweet potato casserole made by my Step-daughter, the traditional green bean casserole made by my big Sista, deviled eggs (one of my favorites,) 2 pumpkin pies (DH.) an apple pie (same Step-daughter,) and more!


And let's not forget about the V-8 juice! We had a special guest visiting from San Diego who had never heard of this unique tradition before, and boy did she make a face when she tried it! Ok, so it is an acquired taste... miss you, Grandmom, and your V-8 toast!


How thankful I am for everything, especially the new memories made on this day with people I know and love.

No comments: