Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The BEST Christmas Chicken Soup


Well it turns out I did not have the Merriest of Christmases... the cold I was trying to overcome did not get better...it of course, became WORSE. So, we did not make it up to the family farm (very disappointed we didn't get to see everyone PLUS I was going to bring a flat Stanley to have his pictures taken with the cows.) And of course, we did not get to enjoy the turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc....along with the tasty cookie arrnagement prepared by my Sister's in Law. BUT, my DH decided it was time to make his homemade chicken soup to "take care of his bride." Isn't that the sweetest? And it certainly was the best Christmas chicken soup I've ever had. Like food from the Gods on Mt. Olympus...or whatever that is supposed to be...ambrosia maybe?


I kept insisting he go on up home without me to be with his family, and that I would be "Ok." He said he couldn't leave me on Christmas. So we snuggled up and watched movies all afternoon...and then he made his wonderful soup. He is the best gift I have ever received!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Hope you are feeling better today! What a great dh you have to make you soup, finish the wreath and hang it (with directions from below, of course)! Sounds like he's a keeper!

Thanks for sharing the eye-candy ~eer candy from your recent trip as well. The decorations (gingerbread house) looked fabulous!

In case I don't pop by again soon, have a healthy and happy 2008!

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy...i think i need to make something like that myself. merry christmas, a day late!