Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!




Just wanted to wish you a warm and wonderful Christmas. Tonight we'll remember the reason for the season, the birth of Jesus, by attending a Christmas Eve candlelight service.











Then we'll also celebrate another birthday....my DH's! In a way he is very blessed to have his birthday fall on such a joyous occasion. I'm sure it seems like his special day is swept up into all the other festivities. Either way, we are going to celebrate it this evening with his three children and that is the best gift he could ever receive from them.






I've just made a cake for him and if you'll remember back in August he made and decorated a cake for me...and it turned out great so I had to really get out the decorating supplies...here it is:









So, our stockings are stuffed, the gifts are wrapped, the lights are on, we're all set to celebrate Christmas tonight as well. Then tomorrow it is up to the family farm for Christmas...lots of turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes n gravy, and my favorite sweet potatoes!



This picture below was taken several years ago when we had a big snow...but they are usually colder up there than down here...so maybe we'll have snow again!


Mmmmmm....plus my Sisters-in-law make special Christmas cookies (I don't even try to compete with this) which we feast on all evening before, during, and after the gift exchange!



A joyous day and night to you all!

No comments: