Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sneak Peek + MeMe Tag + Beach Trip

Ahhhhhh. Everyone deserves a little time away from the regular old, well, regular. And I took an opportunity to see one of my FAVORITE places to go. The beach and boardwalk along the east coast. There is nothing like it! The fresh ocean air, the sounds, the sun. The FOOD.





The boardwalk stretches out pretty far and it makes a nice afternoon walking along...shopping, stopping to gaze out over the ocean, stopping for an occasional snack.....er...ice cream. I actually used to live in the upstairs apartments above the building on the left. Oh the good 'ol days...I would wash my dishes at the sink and my view out the kitchen window was the ocean. Quite memorable! Why I ever moved I have no idea. Oh yeah, it was for a job. I'll get to that further down.





This is the best place to get pizza. I'm serious.




Love this vintage and I mean, vintage, salt water taffy store. They actually make it in the back and you can see through a glass window while they are working. I'm glad I had a chance to get away...this particular day there was a wedding on the beach and we got there in time to see the photography session. They bridesmaids wore the cutest ocean blue cocktail dresses, carrying coral colored flowers. Gorgeous against the sand, sun, and water. A neat moment and of course, I didn't get a picture.






But I am back now and there is so much to write about today. I promised a sneak peek at the "Jillian Posts 100" giveaway prizes and I've also been tagged by Ms. Daisy of The Daisy Chain for a "meme." First, without further ado, the sneak peek:



This is a partial picture of the box the winner will receive in the mail! Full 'o fun vintage stuff!

(Domestic U.S. box is subject to change depending on the outcome of the drawing...the winner may live overseas!)


Some linens...


Something porcelain...



And a little something blingy...





Stay tuned for the next installment of "Jillian Posts 100" ....another sneak peek at her giveaway! You still have a chance to enter. Leave me a comment between now and this Thursday, June 19th. One winner will be chosen at random and the name will be announced on my blog, Friday, June 2oth.



And now for the answers to a tag ...."What I was doing 10 years ago, etc" each in five short answers, to get to know me a little better:


What was I doing 10 years ago:


* I was working at an NBC TV station as a promotion producer. I wrote, produced, edited station "promos" to let you know what was coming up soon on TV. Fun job!


* My antique biz hadn't happened yet. But, I was still a fanatic antique store shopper.


* I was RENTING and had a roommate who is one of my best friends still to this day.


* I only had one cat. . . (Minnie, pictured on my sidebar.) Now we have 3.


* Having way too much fun!


Five Snacks I enjoy: (This is so much easier to answer than the above question!)


* Ice Cream


* Chocolate (Is that considered a snack?)


* Cheese n crackers


* Chips n Salsa


* Cookies


(Note, none of these were very healthy!)


Five Things on My To Do List:


* Get this posted on my blog today!


* Celebrate Father's Day w/ Dear Hubby


* Finish a project that is almost done.



* Straighten house. Why this is a never ending chore, I dunno.

It just IS.



* Get items photographed to list in my online antique store. Link to it on my sidebar if you'd like.


If I Suddenly Became a Billionaire, I would:


* Travel


* Buy new car


* Pay for my Mother's House


* Give my step children money to pay for all of their college tuition


* Pay someone to finish remodeling our house...and soon! Or, what the heck, just buy the house of my dreams, already done!





Five Jobs I've Had:


* Department store cosmetics sales girl


* Bank Teller


* Waitress


* Television Writer/Producer


* Local TV Commercial "Actress"



Five Things You May Not Know About Me:


* When I was in middle school I wanted to "grow up" and become a chef. Then later my dream was to become a NYC Rockette, and then finally in high school I decided on the communications field. Kind of bizarre series of dreams! I would still love to dance with the rockettes. Just once.


* I have a bachelor of Arts degree in Radio/TV/ and Film


* I moved around the country for my TV jobs, "moving up the ladder" until I was too tired to move anymore and then I bought a house.


* (Prayed a lot!) And asked God to help me find the right companion...he led me to dear hubby...and guess where we met? On the internet. (Another story for another post.)


* Dear Hubby and I honeymooned in Paris. (God is good!)



What would your answers to some of these questions be? Some of them are easier than others. I am going to pass this one on to some new gals I've met and would like to get to know them better....so Rue, of Rue's Peanut Butter and Jelly Life, and Heidi of Vacumming in High Heels and Pearls, you've been tagged. I hope you don't mind!




8 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The board walk would be a fun place to escape to!

What a tease you are with the giveaway pictures :-)!!! How fun!

I loved learning more about you from your tag answers...
Penny

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love learning more about you. You have and are living an interesting and fun life...Mary

MJ said...

Fun post! Chocolate isn't a snack, it's a food group. People are often confused about this just as they are about whether tomato is a fruit or veggie.

Are your photos of the Atlanta boardwalk? I haven't been there but I suspect it is!

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Thank you for letting me "tag" you - this was fun!

Great post...neat teases...must be that TV training background?

Luv,

Ms. Daisy

katylinvw said...

these tags are such a fun way to get to know people!

Rue said...

Hi Jillian :)

Enter me too!!

Thank you for the meme. I'm always surprised that anyone wants to know anything about me LOL

Loved your answers. Hint for tomorrow... I met hubby there too ;)

hugs,
rue

Michelle said...

What a blessed life you have had! Living on the beach ~ lucky, and the honeymoon in Paris, how romantic!

Great post!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I'm a Jersey girl transplanted to Cincinnati. OCNJ is my most favorite place in the whole world.