Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Cottontails Play Hide & Go Seek


***WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR A SPECIAL BUNNY UPDATE***


After yesterday's post about the bunnies and the thunderstorm, I of course, was a bit concerned about what happened to them. Dear Hubs went outside to check on them in the morning. They were ALL GONE. Did the storm wash them out? Did they drown?


We could only hope that Momma Buns had scooped them up in the middle of the night and taken them to safety.


It wasn't until dusk when Dear Hubby saw them again...this time a Momma AND a Pappa...



Except guess what the Pappa was trying to do all over again.... oh NO. I would have said "HONEY, I DON'T THINK SO!" (Or should that be "not tonight, I have a headache?") And you can't see it very well in the picture but guess who is sitting under her ... having their late night snack!



Yes! It's the wee ones! They were all doing fine and they were scampering about in this picture. TALK ABOUT CUTE! They looked like little mice that hopped. Fast little buggers!



So I leave you all with this last cutie picture of a darling baby bunny. (I should have tried to get the red eye out?) So so cute.

And DH is a bit blog shy and I can't seem to get him to sit down and type (or to let me post his picture) ...so maybe next time!

Until then, have a bunny good day!





****WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR A SPECIAL WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR: DEAR HUBS*****

This is DH.....WOW! I can't believe that I am actually doing this...but had to check in. You..Blog Ladies are so wonderful with your comments! Thank you. Now I can understand why my DW
(dearest wife: for those of you like me who don't understand blog lingo) gets into these blogs. Yes, the bunnies as of last night are doing fine!! yay They were all eating dinner with MaMa last
night when I saw them. That poor mama...could you imagine 8 little ones nursing all at once...trying to get the last drop! Now for more news...we had bad storms again last night. Soooo we'll keep you posted ....stay tuned for the next update of "WHERE ARE THE BUNNIES".
DH now signing off...H and K to all you wonderful ladies!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Jillian,

Thank you to you and your husband on the bunny updates.

I am so glad that they weathered the storm. Poor little things.

Can't wait till the next report.

Melissa
Sunboonet Cottage

Liz Harrell said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! They're the cutest things! So glad we dont have that many, Mabel would have a field day. And I would have a stroke.

Connie said...

A man who blogs?!?!?! Can I marry ya, sweet man chick?!?!?!
Smoochies.........*Smile*
Connie

My Pink Boutique said...

Glad to hear the bunnies survived the storm and everything seemed to be business as ususal for them. ;)

Hugs,
Kimberly

Michelle said...

Jillian & DH of Jillian,

What sweet bunnies~love the updates! I can't imagine my hubby blogging, but I'm learning never to say never!

Michelle

Joanne Kennedy said...

Awwww, so happy the bunnies are doing ok. Maybe you need to bring them in to live with you and bring them to bed to sleep and stay warm. LOL

How sweet that DH showed up here. What a dear guy he is to check on the bunnies and worry about them. Nothing better then a man who loves animals.

Hugs,
Joanne

Rue said...

Hi Jillian :)

That is so cute!! The hubby writing AND the bunnies :)

hugs,
rue

MJ said...

I've never seen a hare that young! Sweet!

Very cute that your dh made a guest appearance on your blog! Now you'll have troubles keeping him from making regular appearances!! LOL!