Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cottage Dreamy

Last week Dear Bebe and I went to visit a friend at her summer cottage. This is where she and her family go to get away from it all. Their cottage was built in 1900. It is surrounded by other cottages and woods in a cute artsy, camplike setting. I wrote about our last trip to this area a few months ago when Dear Hubs and I took a Sunday drive. (We rarely get to go on those!)



There's not a whole lot of TV, computers (blogs...ha!), or electronic gadgets to distract you. It's well, it's kind of nice!




And relaxing.



This charming cottage is decorated with all kinds of vintage pieces. To let you in on a little secret...she is actually one of our fellow antique dealers where Dear Hubs and I have our antique booth.


Look how sweet she decorated!


And this was a great idea for placing notes or hang artwork. So cute!


This vintage sink even has charm!




And a claw foot bathtub!
What a dreamy place to go for a retreat. Dear Bebe and I enjoyed our outing and seeing her dreamy cottage. Where do you like to go to get away?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love it - very charming and who could resist that clawfoot tub?

Lisa said...

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. This will go on my wish list!
I will have a cute cottage when I grow up! hehe
Hugs, Lisa

Ms.Daisy said...

I love the way she decorated! Is that chicken wire on the quilt wallhanging for notes and pictures? What a great idea! The cottage reminds me of the cottages at Malaga Campground.


Love you,
Ms.Daisy Mau

MJ said...

There's nothing like turning off the modern world and escaping to the quiet of the past! Looks like your friend knows how to do this well!

Michelle said...

What a great place to escape the daily grind! I go to the ocean.. maybe someday I'll have a beach cottage!

Michelle