The lovely, talented and extremely nice Betty of Country Charm, chose me to give reasons why it is great to be ME ...in other words, to count my blessings. Sometimes we don't stop to count our blessings so I guess I should thank Betty for giving me this challenge...and helping me to see that my blessings are MANY. This is known in blogland (is there such a place?) as a MEME and it was originated by a gal named Jan, of Bold and Free. (I do apologize, Jan, as I do not have a link to your blog!)
I am blessed because:
1. I am alive, healthy, and was given life on this earth by a wonderful creator, God! I will also have eternal life...of which I am so thankful. Ask me more if you'd like, about this...
2. I have a wonderful and loving husband. (Commonly known as DH! LOL) You won't see many pictures of my DH because he has become very camera shy all of a sudden!
3. His three children have become part of my family too... and they are really, really great!
4. My parents were awesome (still are) and my Sister and I wouldn't be who we are today without them. No matter where my family is I know they are close to my heart at all times.
5. I had great ancestors who fought hard for this country during Revolutionary times and also for the Civil War. I am in awe of their courage and determination.
6. I have a house with a roof, four walls and hey, even a garage!
7. I know that no matter what happens, God will take care of me. With or without money to buy things... I will not go hungry. (During and right after college though, I was pretty close!)
8. I was given wonderful talents...one of them is dancing. There are others but I can't remember them all. LOL!
9. I have wonderful friends and now some new ones I've met though this blog! I am very pleasantly surprised. I just thought I was going to start "journaling" online.
10. I live in the United States and the freedoms we have make life here like a canvas. The colors we choose to paint it with are up to us.
I hope you enjoyed (?) my list! I do believe I am now supposed to "tag" someone else to create her own list. Since I am very new to blogging I hope these gals do not mind I've selected them.
* Carol of Sassafras and Lulu because she has a wonderful way of reaching out to others and an appreciation of life.
* MJ of MJ's Sputterings because of her excellent writing skills, great wisdom, and I love the name of her blog!
* Michelle of I'm A Little Teapot because of her upbeat blog which cheers so many!
Have a great afternoon...I'm going to go in search of something in my house for Show and Tell Friday. Can't promise I will find something, but you just never know!
I also would like to send a special "tag out" to my good friend of "Bobby's Escapades"...but I'm not sure she will do this as her blog is supposed to be about her son's adventures. Maybe she will start one for Bobby's Mommy! :0)
Feel free to leave me a note about counting your blessings if you'd like, too!