Monday, July 6, 2009

We Have Tomato

I'm not a green thumb. Wasn't born on a farm...and I don't really have a desire to take care of plants. I can only sustain spider plants it seems. But tomatoes, I love and will do whatever I can to grow them.

Back in April when my Dad was visiting, I talked to him about wanting a tomato in time for the 4th of July. He said "get the early variety. " So we went shopping and bought a couple of "early girls" as they were called. We planted and hoped.


Well it worked! I had my first tomato in time for the 4th! And I mean, JUST IN TIME. Don't ask me why this made me happy. Sometimes it's the little things in life, I guess!


And we ended up having a small get together or cookout with a few friends.


Hope your holiday was great!



6 comments:

MJ said...

Wow! Another commonality! I kill every household plant unintentionally! Somehow, I'm responsible for the outside flowerbeds ( ~ my dh refuses to take care of flowers!) I can grow stalks of irises and peonies and persion onions but nary a flower!

Enjoy your 1st tomato!

Jen R. said...

I am so impressed! Ours aren't even close yet!

Lisa said...

Yeah! Your tomato looks perfect! Your 4th decor looks great!
Hugs, Lisa

Dawn said...

Up in Maine, I have many that are alittle bigger than a walnut. I say fertilize the heck out of everything, especially with all this rain!

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Jillian,
That is one good looking tomato! And you said you didn't have a green thumb! Thanks for sharing and it looks as though you had a great 4th,
Thanks for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment.
Sue

Kathleen said...

Hi Jillian, thank you for stopping by my blog to say hi. I am framing our first dollar we made...yipee. Here in Maine, the tomatos are rotting on the vines, due to all the rain. I feel like I am living in the rain forest of Brazil....only it's cold. 53 degrees this AM HELP hugs, Kathleen