Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jillian Goes to a Country Auction & Finds Mr. Stinky

Today we had gorgeous weather .... great day to head to a country auction nearby.

Looking for "new" goodies to add to my shop.

When I walked in the tables were filled and all set to go.



I did spot a few items I wouldn't mind bringing home...



This pretty roses urn...



Oui Oui! I wouldn't mind having this French perfume bottle...



Amazing looking Staffordshire (style?) dogs..


A beautiful beaded collar...

But then I ran into Mr. Stinky here. What. Is. This. I had to laugh. He was making quite a spectacle each time a potential bidder would walk in and check out the prospects. Just wondering if stuffed skunks have become the new collectible!


I actually never stayed long enough to find out how much he went for.



The auction was starting much later than anticpated and I didn't have a whole lot of time. Dear Hubs was home watching Dear Bebe for me so... I left and headed for the outdoor fleamarket. With what time I had left I scoured table after table and brought home a few goodies.

I'll be sharing them on here after I take photos of them tomorrow.

An interesting and fun day ... there's a saying I think for this:

Country auctions are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Really great stuff! Glad you didn't opt for mr. stinky!
Hugs, Lisa