Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kisses for Bebe!


Most of you know I have recently become a mother. If you are a follower of my blog (which by the way, you can click on the right side of my blog here and follow my posts if you'd like...hint hint!) you will know that I am an "older" Momma. Besides all of the obvious reasons why this is not an ideal age to have a baby, like looking older or wondering how old you'll be by the time the baby reaches twenty....there's the poor eyesight, weight gain, aching joints, etc. Now on top of this I would think my "wisdom" over the years will help me raise the baby. Or, could it possibly be that all of the things I have seen or heard in life makes me more paranoid? This is something Dear Gramma thought of during her visit and it is probably because she observed her Dear Daughter (me) thinking too much (obsess?)over every little thing.

One of my stresses believe it or not, is making sure Dear Bebe burps enough. I just can't seem to get her to burp a lot, so I worry that my lack of burping talent is going to give her horrible gas pains. Lucky for us while Dear Gramma was here, she showed her master burping skills. But now that we are alone again, I am worrying.

Worrying is not going to help either of us, I know. There is something I do to help us both out, however. I know it is something I do to help ME, but I'm hoping in the long run, it helps her. And it is silly. . . but when she DOES burp I sing out "KISSES FOR BEEEBEEE!" And give her a rewarding kiss to let her know this is a good thing and to keep up the good work. Like the baby knows what I am doing. Sigh.

The funny thing is when I do this I hear something from the other room: "BURRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPP!.....Kisses for Dadddddddddddddddyyyyyy!"

Obviously he is not worrying.

6 comments:

Jill said...

hee-hee. Can't say I ever had that particular worry. But I did have a gassy, fussy baby at the end of every day early on. And then I switched to Dr. Brown's brand bottles and they worked great and no more fussy baby. I highly recommend them. They have lots of "parts" to wash and sterilize, but they are well worth it.

Anonymous said...

Seeing that sweet face sure made me smile. Thank you for that. I wish I could wear just reading glasses. They make such cute now.

Connie said...

They're gifts from God, my sweet new mom! You just happened to get a gorgeous one, honey!! Truly, one of the cutest I've ever seen. Don't worry, just be diligent and it'll all come naturally. After all, there are no manuals on this!
Smooches for that beautiful little doll baby,
Connie

Free Art Printables said...

She is so cute!

a Pocket Angel said...

Dear Jillian, Om my gosh she's GORGEOUS! Thanks for adding the photos. God bless you, hubby, and sweet baby girl.. How wonderful for all of you.
Take care Mama and enjoy every second with your new little blessing!
Hugs ~Mary~ :-}

Anonymous said...

It's so normal to worry over every little thing---that just shows how very, very much you love that bebe! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! How can you keep your hands off of her!!! dana