Friday, April 10, 2009

It's a Good Friday


Today is Good Friday. I am posting about this special day because I am happy to have the freedom to write about it and to be able to talk about it freely. Not all countries allow their citizens to have this freedom. Yet so many of us don't write or talk about it. Today I choose to exercise my freedom. And if feels good!

If you're not sure about Good Friday and what it is, I've included an excerpt from About.com:

Good Friday is observed on the Friday before Easter Sunday. On this day Christians commemorate the passion, or suffering, and death on the cross of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Many Christians spend this day in fasting, prayer, repentance, and meditation on the agony and suffering of Christ on the cross.
The biblical account of Jesus' death on the cross, or crucifixion, his burial and his resurrection, or raising from the dead, can be found in the following passages of Scripture: Matthew 27:27-28:8; Mark 15:16-16:19; Luke 23:26-24:35; and John 19:16-20:30.


I think people should know about what happened this day in history. What happened to Jesus was not "good" but the result of his death is very good! For on the third day, he arose, which is why we celebrate Easter.


Have you stopped by my blog today on a chance? Maybe this post was for you.


And if you're one of my faithful readers, thank you for taking a moment to get to know me better.

6 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Thanks for this post Jillian. Hope you and Bebe have a wonderful Easter. I'd love to see the dress you pick out for her. :)

Michelle said...

Jillian,

Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend and Easter.

Michelle

Ms.Daisy said...

Hi Jillian,
Great Good Friday post today. Happy Easter weekend to you all!
I've got a challenge for you on my post today - if you haven't done this one before and only if you have the time!

Love,
Ms.Daisy

Karen said...

We just had this discussion in the office at work and several of the younger adults did not know the significance of Good Friday or Easter. It is a wonderful time to tell
His-Story!

Dawn said...

Yep, that's the way I learned it. Happy Easter to you and yours.

dana said...

Hello Jillian!

I loved your Good Friday share! Thank you.

I so enjoyed reading about boiling eggs! I want to dye some later on, but they always crack---I will give your suggestion a whirl!!

I hope you have a joyous Easter--is the bunny coming to see the Bebe with an extra special gift? :)

L, Dana