Monday, October 29, 2007

Traditions...The Juice Glass

Does your family have a tradition? I'm not sure we have too many. There is one in particular however, I am writing about today. My Grandmother would always serve a small juice glass full of V8 at each place setting during holiday dinners. Easter, Christmas, New Year's Day, whatever the occasion. Well, I miss my beloved Grandmom. She passed away in March of 2006. Ninety-six years old! She had wonderful qualities we still admire and talk about today. Here she is when she was about 18 years old.

To honor her memory, I decided to continue this tradition when I have family over to my house. (Of course my step children think we are all nuts. "V8 Juice? Ewwww!") There were special juice glasses we used and I have them now. This past Sunday, tragedy struck. I was trying to be excited about the arrival of fall...(please refer to an earlier blog) and bake a carrot cake for my DH when I knocked over a stack of these little vintage (Libbey) juice glasses. Out of the stack of four, three of them broke. BROKE! Oh my GOSH! What am I going to do? Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I have to have enough of these glasses. Not just any glasses but these little Libbey rose patterned juice glasses! My first thought was "Oh, I'm sure I can find them on eBay!" But now, after looking today, I could not even find ONE.

I have less than four weeks to find them. I will surely keep up the search but in the meantime...I'd love to hear about your family traditions and why they mean so much to you. Drop me a line!



No comments: