Thursday, August 27, 2009

High Speed, I luv ya!

Ahhhhhhhh. Sigh of relief. We have our high speed internet back. It is such a different world than dial -up. But thank goodness it was there when I needed it. Well, I didn't really NEED it, but you know what I mean.

Last night I tried to upload my new arrivals and only managed to get ten of them onto the Bella Rosa website. Here's a little look...I'm finding more and more things for crafters.



Like these antique checks, dated 1873 - 1875. After looking them over I think they were payroll checks. Most have the bearer's signature on the back. Part of me wants to find the families of these people for genealogy purposes. How great would it be to have the signature and work place of one of your ancestors? The other part of me says "I don't have time!"


So, off they go to someone who might be able to use them in scrapbooking or altered art projects.
A while back I was looking for crepe paper (vintage would be best) to make July 4th projects and discovered it was hard to come by. To my surprise I found some old, unused rolls of red crepe paper streamers. I'm keeping some and letting the rest go.


This was also interesting. It is a blank cookbook. On the inside someone wrote how the book was made for her by (probably her child) in school. It was done well but it's not perfect like a machine would make so I really liked it.




How often do you come across something like that?


Also a different piece. This was the week for finding unique things! It is a pin cushion of sorts which reads "Laundry Account" at the top. Below that is a list of clothing, etc with the numbers to the right as though you were going to count them as you did the cleaning.



And a 1934 edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland combined with the Through the Looking Glass book, both by Lewis Carroll.

Now that my computer is online (and running fast and smooth) I'm off to go on my own internet adventure...see you when I get back!


9 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Oh my gosh! That AIW book!!!!!!!! WOW!
What a treasure!!!!

m ^..^

Lisa said...

Oh what great treasures! I love the books!
So Glad you are high speed again.
AND your new Header is Amazing! What a cutie!!!
Hugs, Lisa

Ms.Daisy said...

Love your new header! I just keep looking at her! Beautiful! Glad you are back on High Speed - your treasures are wonderful, too!


Love,
Ms.Daisy Mau

Ashley ~ said...

YAY for high-speed Internet*!!! I'm the same way as you. As much as I hate dial-up, I'm always thankful it's there to get me by until everything is back up and running FAST again. Glad you're back up and going*! ((hugs))
_Ashley*

Free Art Printables said...

Cool things!! We love our high speed too!!

MJ said...

Zoom, zoom, zoom! That's the sound of you on high-speed internet!

Love your new header! Bebe is so cute!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh my goodness I was oohing and ahhhing over several of the items you talked about. I love the payroll checks and that writing on them is just divine.

I'm Kristin from The Goat - I met Jennifer from Dust Bunny Hostage & she mentioned it today on her blog and would like to say Thanks for stopping by my place today/yesterday. It was so nice to have a new visitor!

I'm happy you got internet up and running again, I've got a real bad addiction, too. Real bad. LOL

Once again, nice to meet you!
Kristin

j said...

Oh Jillian, you found some WONDERFUL treasures.

You header is precious.

Dawn said...

Yes, some wonderful treasures, oh but so nice to be on high speed.