Sunday, August 30, 2009

Parties, Parks, & Parents

It was a gorgeous day. Not too hot, not raining. And I needed to go scout out some of the local parks. I'm leaning toward having Dear Bebe's first birthday get together outside: where cake crumbs, icing, and hyperactive toddlers can be free to roam.

Of course we had to test drive some of the swings. Dear Bebe didn't seem to mind.


We had lots of fun giggling and laughing, although Mommy looks a little goofy with that silly look on her face.


And Da-Da always gets a giggle and a smile...

I can't believe it is going to be a year already.

She's just growing so big! Walking along the couch, waving, clapping, holding her arms up in the air and reacting to our calls of "SOOOO BIIIIIGGGG!" She's just ....well, brilliant!

Am I a biased parent or what?

Maybe so (isn't that my job really?) but I've got a party to plan with invitations to send out this week. Need to figure out the location, and once I do that, I think I'll be good. After checking out three today I'm still undecided. Each one had a plus and a minus. Maybe it will come down to the rental price.

Anyone have any great ideas?


3 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Love those teeth in the Da-DA picture! So adorable...but then, I'm the Gramma! :0)


Love,
Ms.Daisy Mau

MJ said...

It's amazing that Bebe is almost a year! Has time passed that quickly

Love that new header! I think Mommy has been coaching Bebe on ballet stretches!

oliver rain said...

She is adorable. One year! The past year went by so quickly. Definitely go for an outdoor party. I have a March kid so we always have to be inside. Take lots of pictures (although I'm SURE that won't be a problem)

Love the tutu! Lizzie is starting ballet this fall. She'll get to wear one too!