Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family Outing ~ One Tank Trips

This weekend we decided to go for a (Sunday) drive and ended up in this cute little "cottagey" village that has a lake, beach, restaurants, a play house and gift shops.



There is a scenic drive on the way there which I don't mind a bit! The corn is coming up...I love this time of year. I'm a former "Jersey Girl" so I can't believe how much I love living near this country area.


Signs on the post point to the lake and beach so we headed there first and skipped this pizza spot.


This little village is rich in history, dating all the way back to the 1880's. It was once a headquarters for the National Guard which my Grandpop was a member of and probably came here!


It once had similar attractions like carousels, etc, almost like an amusement park but after the Depression and the National Guard left, it dropped in popularity....


It was revived again in the 1970's when an art show was added and it has been a popular place for artists and musicians ever since. Can't say I find fault with that! My kind of place. This is a cute little gift shop...I didn't get a great photo...in fact I didn't get many great photos at all! It started raining.


So we ran into this cute, cute ice cream and snack shop. French fries, a root beer and some ice cream can make up for some drippy weather!


I think we'll be coming back here again. It really had an old fashioned feel which we loved and I'm sure when Dear Bebe gets older it will be fun to bring her to the lake.

Enjoying the summer so far...what do you have planned for the next several weeks? I'd love to hear about it.


7 comments:

MJ said...

Thanks for taking us on the trip! The outing looks fun and vintagey!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tour!! I loved it!
Hugs, Lisa

Free Art Printables said...

What a fun trip!

Ms.Daisy said...

That little village reminds me of Cold Spring Village near Cape May. I love to see it sometime.



Love,
Ms.Daisy

Together We Save said...

Looks like you had a alot of fun.

Cottage Rose said...

OH what a cute little place you found, I just love to come upon them they have such charm to them. I love all the photos you took, thanks for sharing your trip with us. Well in the weeks to come for us we will be doing lots of packing, we are moving to Gastoina N.C. hubby has a new job there... I so hate to leave all my beautiful children and grand babies, but we much fallow the Lord... he is taking us there,,, but I am excited about it...


Hugs;
Alaura

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Looks like a fun trip. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!