Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthday Fun


The birthday celebrating began yesterday around mid-day when the doorbell rang and these lovely red roses were delivered along with the balloon below.

They were from my Sister! How sweet was that? So I found my best blue vase and quickly assembled the bouquet ...and they look gorgeous! They are really starting to open up today.


And she had also sent these pretty pink wrapped gifts (she knows my love for pink...it started way back in high school!) Inside were pretty Lia Sophia matching jewelry pieces.


Then Dear Hubby had this cake decorated for me (in pink)... with my favorite flavor cake ...CHOCOLATE! Oh the calories! But, it was from a specialty bakery and the taste was divine. Cake shouldn't be this good.

And Dear Hubby said for my present I get to go on a shopping spree for new fall/winter clothes. WOW! I can't wait for this. (Which could be tough if I keep eating desserts like this.) I, like many of you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go shopping. Think the best strategy will be to wait until the "new" fall line has had a chance to go on sale and then ....here comes Jillian!

This doesn't make 40 seem so bad after all!



7 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday. The shopping spree is a great idea!

Betty said...

Happy Belated birthday.....and many, many more! Betty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

HAPPY Birthday TO YOU~~~~~~
Penny

Melissa said...

Have a happy happy birthday.

40's will be fun.

Melissa

Liz Harrell said...

You have the best husband in the world! Glad you had a fab birthday.

Michelle said...

Hi Jillian,

Do you have any leftover cake?? I'd love a slice please ~ chocolate, my favorite! Your flowers are beautiful and I'll have to investigate this jewelry you speak of.

I hope your shopping spree is successful.

Michelle

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy birthday!

Happy blogoversary!