Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finally


Four years later and I'm finally finishing our honeymoon scrapbook, as I mentioned here. It was actually a great trip down memory lane for Dear Hubby and I to pull out the rest of the photos and re-live our trip to Paris. It was a great time and we loved every minute of it.

(Side note, Dear Hubs has become blog shy again and is only "allowing" me to show him in part on the blog...as he put it "like Wilson from Home Improvement." Try showing your honeymoon scrapbook on your blog without getting a shot of your Dear internet phobe Hubby.)





Our favorite event was the dinner cruise which took us along the Seine in front of the Eiffel Tower while we danced to American music like Frank Sinatra's New York, New York. A fun moment and one we'll never forget.



I also enjoyed visiting Monmarte and having my portrait sketched, although, this artist was probably one of the more "starving" type because it ended up looking nothing like me. Oh well, it was the moment that was cool. I'll have to dig out the sketch and take a photo of it. I have no idea who he was sketching that day, because it wasn't me.


We also went to see the Sacre Coeur. We stopped at a book store and bought our own sketch books and joined the many artists and tourists who sit on the front steps and draw.


We also hit the Paris Fleamarkets (marche au puces, is this correct?) to find vintage goodies to take back home and sell in our antique booth. Found some neat things which of course, have pretty much all sold now. I did give my Mother some of the Quimper I found.


While I"m not an expert scrapbooker, I do okay. I think the pages I just worked on turned out better than those I started four years ago. There's something introspective there I could say about getting wiser the longer you are married but I'm not sure it applies to scrapbooks!


So, another project on my list can be crossed off. And technically summer isn't over til the third week of September... there's still time!

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend! I'm off to see what's next on the project list. And maybe I'll make my favorite potato salad (shown here) as the summer "season" comes to a close.


5 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Love your Honeymoon scrapbook! Glad to see you are putting the finishing touches on it.

OOOOOOOH, Potato Salad...my favorite! I can taste it now...

Luv,
Ms. Daisy

kari and kijsa said...

Thank you for all your prayers and blessings!
Have a wonderful Labor Day,
kari & kijsa

Sassafras and LuLu said...

Hi Jill!
Nice header...w/your pretty dinnerware.
I don't want this summer to pass,boo hoo..goes along w/not wanting time/life to change. gotta get over that.
Pasta salad looks great, now I'm hungry for sure & hey, I luv that Roger Miller song, lotsa his songs too, (chug-a-lug) just got a greatest hits cd at yard sale this summer & hub has some albums!!
You take care and have a great holiday,
hugs, Carol

Rue said...

Hi Jillian :)

Your "shabby Chic" room looks like it's going to be beautiful!

Your hubby cracks me up... Wilson... LOL

Great scrapbook!

rue

MJ said...

Ahhh, Paris. I loved France and would go back in a heartbeat. Your Paris honeymoon sounds dreamy!