I have been tagged by Ms. Daisy from The Daisy Chain. And the tag is right up my alley. I'm supposed to choose 5 songs I enjoy listening to that could be considered embarassing! I love music and the challenge here for me is to narrow the list down, believe it or not.
So, here it is:
1) Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver. I admit, I complain a lot about how much I can't stand country music, mostly when it is playing in our house or in the car. (Dear Hubs loves country.) Plus, I'm originally a Jersey girl. Think about it. But for some reason this song puts me in a great mood!
2) Oh Yeah by Yello. This song is played at the end of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Oh yeah, that's embarrassing.
3) Chug a Lug by Roger Miller. Similar to reason number one, but there's a story behind it. When I was a little girl my parents stored a box of records in my closet, along with other things we didn't have storage space for, like the vacuum cleaner. (That was the last thing I wanted in my closet, trust me and better yet, the vacuum cleaner has nothing to do with why I like this song.) When I was bored I would play some of the albums on my hand me down turntable and this song has been a favorite of mine ever since. Not sure who's record it was originally.
4) The theme from the tv show ALICE. Does anyone even remember this show let alone the words and music? I will belt this one out in the shower. COMPLETELY embarassed now that I've typed it out. Tee hee.
5) Copacabana by Barry Manilow. I must be stuck in a 70's or 80's rut because looking at my list now I am picking songs that remind me of my childhood. When I was a young starry eyed dancer I saw a dance troupe perform a routine to this song and I thought it was FABULOUS. I still dance around my living room whenever it comes on my iPOD. Yes, it is on my iPOD and I'm admitting it.
There are four more I could blurt out to you now but I think I will save some grace and dignity while I still can and omit the others!
I'm going to tag these lucky bloggers to try and come up with their own lists:
I'm a Little Teapot
Hope you enjoyed my most embarassing songs! This was a fun tag and I hope the gals I'm passing it on to have just as much fun.